Monday, October 26, 2009

My ex and I have joint car loan, but only her name is on title in Wisconsin. She is forcing me to ta

She is trying to give me no choice but to take car. She demands I pay for all insurance, full car payment etc. She says if I dont she will come with police to get car... I would let her take it, but am worried about credit. She cannot refinance in her name as well as I cant in just mine. I am willing to compromise with her but she gives me no choices.



Legally I am only liable for half the car payment, and nothing else I think... Right?



My ex and I have joint car loan, but only her name is on title in Wisconsin. She is forcing me to take car!?

Her point is valid.... if you have the car and have an accident, she is potentially liable. In addition, if you have the car and are using it fully, then what is the return on her paying for 50% of the car. Her hammer to insure that her interests are protected is to eliminate the problem of your driving by taking the car off the road. She can even sell the car if she is the sole title holder, although the money would then become a community asset and divided in the divorce.



If you have a legal separation, she (and you) are better off to decide on ownership up front and one of you release to the other. Whomever has the car and is responsible for it should have 100% of the expenses.. that%26#039;s just common sense.



.



My ex and I have joint car loan, but only her name is on title in Wisconsin. She is forcing me to take car!?

If only her name%26#039;s on the title, and you do take it, she can reposess it with police%26#039;s help whenever she feels like it.



You are right. And stick to your guns.



My ex and I have joint car loan, but only her name is on title in Wisconsin. She is forcing me to take car!?

Didn%26#039;t the court tell you how to split the property.



Normal it is split 50/50 including the problems.



Why don%26#039;t you sell it. Or call your lawer.



My ex and I have joint car loan, but only her name is on title in Wisconsin. She is forcing me to take car!?

Sorry, wrong. In a joint loan, both parties are fully liable for any remaining balance if the other party doesn%26#039;t pay. And since you went into this loan with the car in her name, she can take it legally, not pay, and you would have to pay.



What does it say on the divorce papers? Who gets the car, and who makes the payments? If it isn%26#039;t addressed, perhaps you need to contact the attorney who represented you in the divorce and get that matter taken care of before you are making payments on a car you don%26#039;t have.



Good luck.



My ex and I have joint car loan, but only her name is on title in Wisconsin. She is forcing me to take car!?

Under your condition,I advise here for you to have a visit.http://carloan.featured-resources.info/t...

No comments:

Post a Comment