Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting insurance & tag on used car without the title?

I just bought a car from a private seller, I have possession of the car, but the previous owner just paid off his loan and must wait 7-15 days to receive the title to hand over to me. In the meantime, can I buy insurance for the car and get some sort of temporary registration/tag from the DMV? I%26#039;ve requested a letter from his bank to state that the loan has been paid off and the title is in the process of being issued. I also have a notarized bill of sale. What%26#039;s the next step before I get the title?



Getting insurance %26amp; tag on used car without the title?

Insurance doesn%26#039;t require the title, just the VIN. In Missouri, and I would think most other states, you can get a temporary tag, good for 30 days with the bill of sale, no title required until you purchase a permanent tag.



Getting insurance %26amp; tag on used car without the title?

I don%26#039;t know where you are at but you can get a tag in Ga with a bill of sale. You don%26#039;t need a title for a tag.



Getting insurance %26amp; tag on used car without the title?

you can get insurance and a tag for it without the title for it,the bill of sale is all you need for that as far as waiting you don%26#039;t have to do that but they need to have the title to transfer it in to your name,and this may create a problem in getting the tag for it,but insurance is no problem at all ,good luck,i hope this help,s.

No comments:

Post a Comment