Monday, October 26, 2009

Does the bank/lienholder have my car title?

I bought a car in North Carolina and then moved to Michigan. Now I am attempting to register my car and get plates here in Michigan, but I can%26#039;t find the title for my car! When I applied for the title in NC, would they have sent the title to the bank/lienholder that I got the loan from?



Do I even need the title to get registration/plates at a DMV or do I just need to show them my NC registration?



Does the bank/lienholder have my car title?

In most states you hold the title, but it indicates on the title that their is a lien. You probably need to get a lien release from the lender, and then call the Motor Vehicle Administration in the state in which it was originally registered and tell them that you want to register the car in your current state of residence and ask them what you need to do to get a clear title.



In any event, whenever you determine to sell the car, you will need a clear title with no liens.



Does the bank/lienholder have my car title?

Most states ( I live in NY) issue the title with a lienholder note on it until the lienholder releases the lien. You should have received a copy of the title at the time you made the purchase, or it should be mailed to you soon thereafter. If the car was originally registered in NC, then they are who you need to contact. That should be easy, as most states nowadays have websites where you can find much valuable info. Give that a try. (put North Carolina DMV into a search engine like yahoo or google)



Does the bank/lienholder have my car title?

no matter where you move the lien holder stays the same,they have the title



Does the bank/lienholder have my car title?

mine got sent to my old address so i called the bank and they sent me a letter stating the date that i paid off the car. when i took the letter to the dmv they said it cost $8.00 to get a new title. i%26#039;m cheap. i didn%26#039;t get it but i still have the letter.

1 comment:


  1. DO YOU NEED A LOAN TO START UP OR EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS? Zion financial services is a sincere and certified private Loan company approved by the Canadian Government, we give out international and local loans to all countries in the world, Amount given out $2,500 to $10 Million. We offer loans with a dependable guarantee to all of our clients. Our loan interest rates are very low and affordable with a negotiable duration.

    Available now are
    MORTGAGE LOANS, PERSONAL LOANS, START-UP & EXPANSION OF BUSINESS LOANS AND NEW ARE UNSECURED & SECURE LOANS, CONSOLIDATE LOANS, CAR LOANS ETC

    Apply for a loan today with your loan amount, Its Easy and fast to get, 3% interest rates per annum and monthly installment payments. email us now to apply: zionloanfirm.ltd@aol.com

    TO APPLY CONTACT:
    Peter James
    General Manager
    zion capital investment, Canada
    Email: zionloanfirm.ltd@aol.com

    ReplyDelete