Saturday, October 31, 2009

For Accountants: Are tuition payments tax ded. for a non title IV school?

I attending graduate school right now in Barcelona Spain at a school that is not title IV eligible. So I am not receiving any public or private loans (no educational or otherwise loans). Are my tuition payments tax deductible?



For Accountants: Are tuition payments tax ded. For a non title IV school?

Wow - so many details that need answering here. Are you a US citizen or resident? The question is listed in US Tax, but I hate to assume things. But for now I will.



If the school is eligible to participate in the US Department of Education%26#039;s Federal Student Aid programs (and some foreign schools do), then your expenditures can be used for credits and/or deductions. This applies even if you do not personally receive FSA monies.



Sounds to me like your payments will not be tax deductible. Which stinks, but I envy you the education, classroom and otherwise, that you%26#039;re getting.



Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment