Saturday, October 31, 2009

I paid off auto loan with bank and have my title, now bank is telling me, that they messed up and I

Can I be held responsible for their screw up. I have sold the truck. What can I do. Please help.



I paid off auto loan with bank and have my title, now bank is telling me, that they messed up and I owe 10000.

You know if you%26#039;ve paid off the total or not. If you didn%26#039;t, then you owe the money. If you paid it off, show the bank your proof (canceled checks and/or receipts, etc.) You don%26#039;t need a lawyer. That will just cost you money.



You signed a contract with the bank when you financed your car. Just because they may have a made a clerical error doesn%26#039;t relieve you of your obligation.



I paid off auto loan with bank and have my title, now bank is telling me, that they messed up and I owe 10000.

Did you pay off the note in accordance with the terms of the original contract? If not, it appears that you owe the bank $10,000 and will probably be sued if you don%26#039;t pay it.



Administrative errors rarely negate the terms of the original contract.



You should consult with a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment