Monday, October 26, 2009

Can a dealership legally sell a vehicle w/o clear title in MN?

Here%26#039;s what happened. I purchased a truck (paid in full) from Dealership A, said I would get title within 4-6 weeks. This is normal. Here I am almost a year later and still no title. What I found out..... Dealership A purchased truck from Dealership B. Dealership B purchased a bunch a vehicles with a loan from a bank. The bank has the title. Dealership B went out of business and never paid the the truck (which I now have). Dealership A took Dealership B to court. Dealership A is now out of business and I am stuck with no clear title. The MN DMV says that they know I own the vehicle, no one can reposses it from me. It is registered under my name. I asked if I can sell the truck, they said no. I cannot legally sell this vehicle without a title. I would have to take Dealership A to court to %26quot;force a title%26quot;, the one which they don%26#039;t have. I don%26#039;t want the truck anymore, have no use for it and can%26#039;t leagally sell it. I am paying a personal loan on a vehicle that I want to get rid of! HELP!



Can a dealership legally sell a vehicle w/o clear title in MN?

Number 1) no, a dealership cannot sell a vehicle that has a lien on it. What kind of dealership needs to take out a loan to buy cars anyway?? Apparantly, one that goes out of business.



Number 2) you can%26#039;t register a car without a title, so how did you do that in the first place?



Something doesn%26#039;t make sense to me.



Can a dealership legally sell a vehicle w/o clear title in MN?

I%26#039;m not sure what the laws are in Mn; but in Michigan if you show ownership,(in other words), you have possession of the truck, you can apply for a mechanical lien on the truck. Then after 30 days apply for a clear title. Hope that helps.



Can a dealership legally sell a vehicle w/o clear title in MN?

If I were you I would just disregard what the DMV said, and just sell it. The only way to get the title, if it means that much, you would go to the Bank or Dealership B, and if they don%26#039;t give it to you than just sue. Sue for cash (time) and for the title of the vehicle. If they give you even more hardship sue for even more and make sure you record what you say or anything like that. But if you don%26#039;t want to go that far, just sell the vehicle without a title.

No comments:

Post a Comment