Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A couple years ago I cosigned a loan for my best friend to buy a new HD, so both our names were on t

He has made all the payments, mostly on time. I need to add that he had credit life insurance on the loan, and the note will be paid off in his accidental death. Well, it so happens that my friend was killed in an occupational accident last month. I was able to get the motorcycle from his wife with a story about me helping her by selling the motorcycle. My question is this: do I have the moral and legal right to have his name removed from the title using his death cert and claim the MC as mine, now that the insurance has paid full? I know his wife and kids needs the money from the sale of this unit, but so do I. Friends is friends, but windfall is money! I never paid a penny, but my butt was on the line equally, so I figure the Harley Davidson should be mine, free and clear. He would never have had the motorcycle without my help anyway. Her name was on nothing, but she claims I stole it or that I should pay her the amount they paid up to his death. Who%26#039;s right?



A couple years ago I cosigned a loan for my best friend to buy a new HD, so both our names were on the title.?

How morally bankrupt can you be?



Obviously, he made payments and the bike should go to his estate, not to you.



You keep it in good shape because as soon as she talks to an attourney about it you are going to find yourself returning it to her.



You should be ashamed.



A couple years ago I cosigned a loan for my best friend to buy a new HD, so both our names were on the title.?

You can do as you please as you are technically the other owner of the bike since your name is on the title as well but...you shouldn%26#039;t have lied to her. You basically led her on to believe she would get the money from you %26quot;selling%26quot; the bike. That is what I think is tacky about this whole thing. If you had no intention to sell it in the first place, you should%26#039;ve just been upfront with her on the get go. So what should you do? That is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment