Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Car repossession & missing name from title any help?

My car was recently repossessed, I was in the hospital and the bills got out of hand and the bank wouldn%26#039;t allow me any leeway even to make a payment a few days later without penalty. .... im sure we%26#039;ve all heard it before tough luck rite. in any case, I bought the car with my 20 yr old daughter. Her name was only on the loan papers, never on the title or registration anything like that we made it clear when buying the car I was the one paying. Now after the car has been repossessed the car dealership is issuing new plates and registration at no cost to us [oh gee, how nice of them]



Is there some way that I can get my daughters name off of this I don%26#039;t care about mine. The car isn%26#039;t worth a fraction of what they want, and my daughter shouldn%26#039;t be responsible for something I did.



Oh an also, the car was repo%26#039;d illegally (the local police let me in on that, they never filed the proper paper work with local authorities before repossessing the vehicle.)



Car repossession %26amp; missing name from title any help?

If I get this right you co-signed in that case both you and your daughters credit will be hurt.



If your daughter signed the note her credit will be the one that will be hurt.



Even if you were paying



If you signed the note not your daughter your credit will be hurt.



It doesn%26#039;t matter who has plated the vechical because the vechical can be plated by either one of you if you co-signed. Because you both have the same intrest in the car.



So, if your daughter never signed the loan agreement she is ok if she did then she will have credit damage.



Goodluck



Car repossession %26amp; missing name from title any help?

I fully understand your situation with the bill getting out of hand, have heard it may times. But I need to warn you of something else that sound fishy to me first.



You see when a car loan company make a loan to a person for a car they usually insist that this persons name be put on the title and that their company name appear as a lein holder on that title. That basically how they secure the agreement with the dealership. See, the dealership makes sure this happens and they in return get their check from the loan company for selling the car.



So if your saying you had loan papers made up at the dealer for your daughters name and then the dealer was going to put the vehicle under your name, I don%26#039;t see how that would have been possible.



It sound to me like, they processed your daughter for the loan, she was then approved and then they just waited to file the paperwork on your vehicle registration some time later. What they were probably hoping would happen is that you would go on making payments, they would come through with plates and stickers and you wouldn%26#039;t notice that it was in your daughters name till some time next year when it was time to renew your vehicle registration. Which would have been to late to do anything about.



As for the situation and how it stands now, the vehicle (I%26#039;m assuming) has been place in your daughters name to finalize the sales paperwork so they could get their check and your daughter is stuck with a repossesion on her record. The only way out now would be to negotiate with the loan company and get the car back, continue paying on the car to save her credit and hope for the best.



Other wise, since your name doesn%26#039;t appear on loan docs or title there is now way for you to take responsibillity, sorry.



Question? When you purchased, did you both sign the same docs or just your daughter? Check into that and then talk to an attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment